Ron visited Central PA Live once again this week to continue his discussion of flu protection. We encourage you to watch the video below for detailed information, but here are a few highlights of the information Ron covered about the flu vaccine:
- How the flu vaccine is developed
- Types of flu vaccine available:
- Trivalent (H1N1, H3N2, Influenza B) and Quadrivalent (H1N1, H3N2, and two components of Influenza B)
- CDC does not recommend one flu vaccine over the other
- The most important takeaway is to make sure to receive the vaccination. It does not make you sick, and is the #1 way to get through the flu season safely!
Stop by the pharmacy any time we are open and ask for your flu vaccination. No appointment is ever necessary!